Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11, 2019

The weather is getting muggy, clothes sticking to your body, can't get enough water type of muggy. I felt this as I woke up with a pretty bad headache this morning. This gave me a good reminder why I don't drink alcohol much anymore these days. Nonetheless, I had a good time the night before hanging out at a fire, singing along to Blaze Foley's Clay pigeons.



After I got some Tylenol in my system and a 30 min nap, I started my day and headed out to pick up some containers and a plant to add to the garden. Settling on a Kumquat, I also got some soil to transplant my peppers into separate containers. I got these random assortment of peppers as a birthday gift from my folks and have been postponing giving them their own container. As expected, their roots were a bit intertwined as a pulled them apart. I'm hoping there isn't too much root damage as I did this. I'm suspecting they'll be a bit happier as they won't be competing in the same container. I also added peppermint to the herb garden, moving the Thai basil to its own pot. The sunflowers seem to be doing pretty well as I thinned out the seedlings. However, there were some pests in the soil which seemed to be fleas but I'm not entirely sure. I must look into this further. Either way, the soil also contained a good number of spiders so I got some predators on my side. I also started some Madhu Ras seeds and have been thinking of some melon specific "raised bed" ideas. Garden seems to be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment